Reports to: CEO
Working with: Business Development Division
We are LUMORUS – a global consultancy that helps corporate leaders in the boardroom and c-suite, become great leaders. Leaders who stand out, scale up, be influential and make a significant impact in the world, leaving a lasting legacy. Our Vision: To make good governance and phenomenal leadership the hallmark of how boards and senior leaders of organisations operate and conduct business.
Great Leaders we believe are persons of integrity – the state of being whole, unified, and sound in construction who brings out the greatness that lies within other human being and enables these individuals to put that newfound greatness into practice consistently. They motivate themselves and inspire others to deliver high standards and performance, create amazing life experiences, become role models, give back and become more than they ever thought possible. When faced with challenges, they defy the odds, set new standards, and step up and create the future as they see it.
We believe that getting the fundamental of governance, corporate culture, and transformative leadership right, will develop a new way of thinking and demonstrate in words and action a commitment to creating an extraordinary quality of life both professionally and personally for leaders and these they lead. Driving a believe and ethos of authenticity; become individuals committed to creating positive change, to stepping up and reaching heights they never imagined possible, for themselves and the business govern, and to lead others to the next level with a focus on impacting the world we live in for the better.
Our clients are based in the Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. We were founded in 2013, in London (UK), as RSPE Ltd. and rebranded in 2019 to Lumorus. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in governance, business, organisational health and deep expertise in one or more areas, including behavioural science, executive coaching, risk & compliance and strategy consulting.
Great Opportunity for College Grads looking to get into Sales – Willing to train a candidate that is eager to learn sales and grow with our company.
The Business Development Associate must deploy persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with the company.
By developing a rapport with new customers and hitting activity targets for sales, the Business Development Associate provides support to initiate and improve relationships that will continually develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company.
- contacting potential clients
- Promoting the brand
- Bringing in new business
- Generating interest from potential customers
- Generating new leads, opportunities and customer software expansion
- Building strategies to retain customers
- Ensuring clients engagement
- Overseeing and improving relationships with clients
- Developing and deploying persuasive pitches to convince potential customers
- Hitting activity for sales
- Increasing the pipeline for new opportunities
- Expanding the client portfolio
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Experience Requirement: 1-2 years of high-achieving sales lead generation experience in business to the business environment or 1-2 years in a client-facing role
- Proven success in the ability to cold call and set appointments.
- Proficiency in CRM.
- Familiarity with Sandler’s sales process.
- Must be organized with good time management, driven, and highly competitive.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who can maintain action rate to achieve objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) including outstanding telephone presence.
- Communication: Strong presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deal honestly and openly with others. Employs two-way conversation and responds well to questions.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively with a group of others to reach a common goal. Ability to develop rapport with new people.
- Adaptable and flexible: Ability to easily adjust to new routines, systems, situations, procedures, and people. Natural curiosity with the ability to learn quickly and adapt to competing priorities.
- Ability to participate in continual process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales experience at a B2C/B2B company.
- This position requires sitting and typing for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions and be attentive to details.
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holders’ key duties may change in line with the needs of the business.
Our Ethos and Culture
- Self-sufficient team player with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the confidence and ability to prioritise work and drive projects and task forwards.
- Collaborative and personable – We are a small company so collaboration within and between teams and with our members is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities can sometimes change at short notice. We need to thrive on these changes and not let them hold us back.
- Responsible and accountable. Being small, we all need to take responsibility for our own workload and be accountable for all outputs.
- Embrace diversity and new ways of thinking. We live and breathe diversity, so we need to respect, embrace, and advocate it in all areas of our work.
- Brave & Courageous. We are people who stand up for what we believe it. We aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo or suggest new ways of doing things.
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line Business Development Assistant.