Reports to: CEO
Working with: Marketing Division
We are LUMORUS – a global consultancy that helps corporate leaders in the boardroom and c-suite, become great leaders. Leaders who stand out, scale up, be influential and make a significant impact in the world, leaving a lasting legacy. Our Vision: To make good governance and phenomenal leadership the hallmark of how boards and senior leaders of organisations operate and conduct business.
Great Leaders we believe are persons of integrity – the state of being whole, unified, and sound in construction who brings out the greatness that lies within other human being and enables these individuals to put that newfound greatness into practice consistently. They motivate themselves and inspire others to deliver high standards and performance, create amazing life experiences, become role models, give back and become more than they ever thought possible. When faced with challenges, they defy the odds, set new standards, and step up and create the future as they see it.
We believe that getting the fundamental of governance, corporate culture, and transformative leadership right, will develop a new way of thinking and demonstrate in words and action a commitment to creating an extraordinary quality of life both professionally and personally for leaders and these they lead. Driving a believe and ethos of authenticity; become individuals committed to creating positive change, to stepping up and reaching heights they never imagined possible, for themselves and the business govern, and to lead others to the next level with a focus on impacting the world we live in for the better.
Our clients are based in the Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. We were founded in 2013, in London (UK), as RSPE Ltd. and rebranded in 2019 to Lumorus. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in governance, business, organisational health and deep expertise in one or more areas, including behavioural science, executive coaching, risk & compliance and strategy consulting.
We are recruiting an enthusiastic and highly organised Events and Programme Coordinator to be a part of our Marketing team. Our ideal candidate will be able to organise memorable events that meet organisational goals and expectations. The ideal candidate must be able to work well within deadlines to plan, resource, and oversee the events and programmes that align with our products and services. The abilities to multitask and prioritise are essential, as this role involves overseeing virtual and physical events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Brainstorm and implement event plans and concepts
- Manage day to day events and programme planning and logistics from concept to evaluation
- Develop and organise company podcast
- Negotiate sponsorship and partnership deals
- Manage event and programme branding and communication in collaboration with marketing team
- Develop event and programme feedback surveys and create post-event reports
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage all event requirements and oversee and collaborate with key personnel for events and programmes
- Identify event and programme opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest
- Proactively handle issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems relating to events and programmes
- Support development and running of international programmes
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every event
- Manage and coordinate with partner hosts for all event logistics (for example, venue, catering, AV and tech)
- Contribute to the delivery of client advisory services as required
- Organise and attend site visits where required and complete site evaluations.
- Proactively research opportunities for new programme content
- Handle operational and administrative functions to ensure projects are delivered efficiently
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Event Management, Public Relations, Hospitality or a related field
- 2+ years proven work experience as an Event Coordinator
- Risk management experience
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Strong time management and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Exceptional people and relationship building skills
- Passionate about inclusive cultures and driving change
- Project Management Certification would be an asset
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holders’ key duties may change in line with the needs of the business.
Our Ethos and Culture
- Self-sufficient team player with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the confidence and ability to prioritise work and drive projects and task forwards.
- Collaborative and personable – We are a small company so collaboration within and between teams and with our members is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities can sometimes change at short notice. We need to thrive on these changes and not let them hold us back.
- Responsible and accountable. Being small, we all need to take responsibility for our own workload and be accountable for all outputs.
- Embrace diversity and new ways of thinking. We live and breathe diversity, so we need to respect, embrace, and advocate it in all areas of our work.
- Brave & Courageous. We are people who stand up for what we believe it. We aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo or suggest new ways of doing things.
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Events & Programmes Coordinator.