Reports to: Tech Lead
Working with: Tech Team
We are LUMORUS – a global consultancy that helps corporate leaders in the boardroom and c-suite, become great leaders. Leaders who stand out, scale up, be influential and make a significant impact in the world, leaving a lasting legacy. Our Vision: To make good governance and phenomenal leadership the hallmark of how boards and senior leaders of organisations operate and conduct business.
Great Leaders we believe are persons of integrity – the state of being whole, unified, and sound in construction who brings out the greatness that lies within other human being and enables these individuals to put that newfound greatness into practice consistently. They motivate themselves and inspire others to deliver high standards and performance, create amazing life experiences, become role models, give back and become more than they ever thought possible. When faced with challenges, they defy the odds, set new standards, and step up and create the future as they see it.
We believe that getting the fundamental of governance, corporate culture, and transformative leadership right, will develop a new way of thinking and demonstrate in words and action a commitment to creating an extraordinary quality of life both professionally and personally for leaders and these they lead. Driving a believe and ethos of authenticity; become individuals committed to creating positive change, to stepping up and reaching heights they never imagined possible, for themselves and the business govern, and to lead others to the next level with a focus on impacting the world we live in for the better.
Our clients are based in the Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. We were founded in 2013, in London (UK), as RSPE Ltd. and rebranded in 2019 to Lumorus. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in governance, business, organisational health and deep expertise in one or more areas, including behavioural science, executive coaching, risk & compliance and strategy consulting.
We are recruiting a highly capable IT Support Intern to provide technical assistance to our staff. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, securing data and providing quality coding solutions for applications and operating systems.
To ensure success as an IT Support, you should be willing to providing information technology support in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for technology and software building.
- Consult with IT Managers and other departments as required.
- Assist with technical problems that may involve programming languages.
- Complete system installs and upgrades and manage network security to make software and systems more secure and efficient
- Oversee data storage and retrieval systems e.g. MS365 SharePoint
- Create modify and share access to MS365 accounts
- Using web content management systems and analytics tools to analyse website usage
- Build out and maintain processes in project management applications such as Monday.com
- Providing IT assistance to departments and staff
- Update computer software and systems
- Train end-users on hardware functionality and software programs
- Resolve logged errors in a timely manner
- Monitor hardware, software, and system performance metrics.
- Setting permission for business system users
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
- Keep track of technological advancements and trends in IT support and programming
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Final year student or recent graduate in computer science
- Analytical with logical problem-solving talents
- Ability to structure data and present information in a clear, logical, and structured manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Project Management Experience is an asset
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team to meet deadlines
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holders’ key duties may change in line with the needs of the business.
Our Ethos and Culture
- Self-sufficient team player with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the confidence and ability to prioritise work and drive projects and task forwards.
- Collaborative and personable – We are a small company so collaboration within and between teams and with our members is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities can sometimes change at short notice. We need to thrive on these changes and not let them hold us back.
- Responsible and accountable. Being small, we all need to take responsibility for our own workload and be accountable for all outputs.
- Embrace diversity and new ways of thinking. We live and breathe diversity, so we need to respect, embrace, and advocate it in all areas of our work.
- Brave & Courageous. We are people who stand up for what we believe it. We aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo or suggest new ways of doing things.
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience, we’re looking for, then please submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line IT Support.