Reports to: CEO
Working with: IT/Tech Support Division
We are LUMORUS – a global consultancy that helps corporate leaders in the boardroom and c-suite, become great leaders. Leaders who stand out, scale up, be influential and make a significant impact in the world, leaving a lasting legacy. Our Vision: To make good governance and phenomenal leadership the hallmark of how boards and senior leaders of organisations operate and conduct business.
Great Leaders we believe are persons of integrity – the state of being whole, unified, and sound in construction who brings out the greatness that lies within other human being and enables these individuals to put that newfound greatness into practice consistently. They motivate themselves and inspire others to deliver high standards and performance, create amazing life experiences, become role models, give back and become more than they ever thought possible. When faced with challenges, they defy the odds, set new standards, and step up and create the future as they see it.
We believe that getting the fundamental of governance, corporate culture, and transformative leadership right, will develop a new way of thinking and demonstrate in words and action a commitment to creating an extraordinary quality of life both professionally and personally for leaders and these they lead. Driving a believe and ethos of authenticity; become individuals committed to creating positive change, to stepping up and reaching heights they never imagined possible, for themselves and the business govern, and to lead others to the next level with a focus on impacting the world we live in for the better.
Our clients are based in the Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. We were founded in 2013, in London (UK), as RSPE Ltd. and rebranded in 2019 to Lumorus. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in governance, business, organisational health and deep expertise in one or more areas, including behavioural science, executive coaching, risk & compliance and strategy consulting.
We are recruiting a highly capable IT Support/ Programmer to provide technical assistance to our staff and create secure and functional code. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, securing data and providing quality coding solutions for applications and operating systems.
To ensure success as an IT Support/Programmer, you should possess extensive experience in providing information technology support in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for technology and software building.
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to produce software designs
- Formulate programme specifications and basic prototypes
- Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
- Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems
- Use web-based tools to create advanced SaaS when applicable
- Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
- Collaborate with technical writers to create documentation for user support
- Providing IT assistance to departments and staff
- Train end-users on hardware functionality and software programmes
- Resolve logged errors in a timely manner
- Monitor hardware, software, and system performance metrics.
- Update computer software and systems
- Maintain databases and ensure system security
- Document processes and perform diagnostic tests
- Keep track of technological advancements and trends in IT support and programming
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a IT Support/Programmer or relevant role
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or relevant field
- Ability to programme in languages such as C++, Java (J2EE), XML, Python etc.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Excellent knowledge with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
- An analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- Proficiency in IT helpdesk software, such as Freshservice and SysAid.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team to meet deadlines
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holders’ key duties may change in line with the needs of the business.
Our Ethos and Culture
- Self-sufficient team player with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the confidence and ability to prioritise work and drive projects and task forwards.
- Collaborative and personable – We are a small company so collaboration within and between teams and with our members is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities can sometimes change at short notice. We need to thrive on these changes and not let them hold us back.
- Responsible and accountable. Being small, we all need to take responsibility for our own workload and be accountable for all outputs.
- Embrace diversity and new ways of thinking. We live and breathe diversity, so we need to respect, embrace, and advocate it in all areas of our work.
- Brave & Courageous. We are people who stand up for what we believe it. We aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo or suggest new ways of doing things.
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line IT Support/ Programmer.