Reports to: CEO
Working with: Finance/Accountings/Compliance Division
We are LUMORUS – a global consultancy that helps corporate leaders in the boardroom and c-suite, become great leaders. Leaders who stand out, scale up, be influential and make a significant impact in the world, leaving a lasting legacy. Our Vision: To make good governance and phenomenal leadership the hallmark of how boards and senior leaders of organisations operate and conduct business.
Great Leaders we believe are persons of integrity – the state of being whole, unified, and sound in construction who brings out the greatness that lies within other human being and enables these individuals to put that newfound greatness into practice consistently. They motivate themselves and inspire others to deliver high standards and performance, create amazing life experiences, become role models, give back and become more than they ever thought possible. When faced with challenges, they defy the odds, set new standards, and step up and create the future as they see it.
We believe that getting the fundamental of governance, corporate culture, and transformative leadership right, will develop a new way of thinking and demonstrate in words and action a commitment to creating an extraordinary quality of life both professionally and personally for leaders and these they lead. Driving a believe and ethos of authenticity; become individuals committed to creating positive change, to stepping up and reaching heights they never imagined possible, for themselves and the business govern, and to lead others to the next level with a focus on impacting the world we live in for the better.
Our clients are based in the Europe, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. We were founded in 2013, in London (UK), as RSPE Ltd. and rebranded in 2019 to Lumorus. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in governance, business, organisational health and deep expertise in one or more areas, including behavioural science, executive coaching, risk & compliance and strategy consulting.
We are recruiting a meticulous Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a diverse team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles with the ability to comfortably with numbers.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operations and to help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way, we can make the right decisions that align with its strategic goals and value proposition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain financial records for the company and its subsidiaries by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist with reviewing of expenses and payroll records
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Secure financial data by maintaining database; keeping information confidential
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with UK financial legal requirements
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Run calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct on Xero and QuickBooks – our internal accounting software
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Proven experience as a Junior Accountant
- Analytical with logical problem-solving talents and strong finance and numerical skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is an asset
This job description is intended as a general guide to the scope of the post and is not an exhaustive list. The post holders’ key duties may change in line with the needs of the business.
Our Ethos and Culture
- Self-sufficient team player with a proactive, ‘can do’ attitude and the confidence and ability to prioritise work and drive projects and task forwards.
- Collaborative and personable – We are a small company so collaboration within and between teams and with our members is essential.
- Flexible and adaptable. The nature of our business means priorities can sometimes change at short notice. We need to thrive on these changes and not let them hold us back.
- Responsible and accountable. Being small, we all need to take responsibility for our own workload and be accountable for all outputs.
- Embrace diversity and new ways of thinking. We live and breathe diversity, so we need to respect, embrace, and advocate it in all areas of our work.
- Brave & Courageous. We are people who stand up for what we believe it. We aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo or suggest new ways of doing things.
If this role sounds of interest and you possess the skills and experience we’re looking for, then please submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line Junior Accountant.